BBOS Provider Email Address’ – Time Limited
This is something I noticed when I actually tried to use a very old email address from Rogers on my Telus BB Z10 for BBM.
As it turns out email is forwarded yet time limited for just 1 year ONLY! Any “@<serviceprovider>.blackberry.com/net” in that format will be forwarded to your BB for 1 year, this is not going to be extended.
BlackBerry email addresses are usually in the format user@<serviceprovider>.blackberry.com/net. When a BlackBerry email address is moved to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, email messages from the BlackBerry email address can be forwarded to the new email address for one year.
NOTE: The one year of email forwarding cannot be extended.
Follow these steps to configure forwarding:
Navigate to the Forwarding web page
In the Email Address field, type your BlackBerry email address
In the Password field type your BlackBerry email address password
In the Forwarding Email Address field, type the email address to which email messages
sent to your BlackBerry email address will be forwarded to
In the Confirm Forwarding Email Address field, retype the forwarding email address
Close the browser.
|Service Provider||Forwarding web page|
Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Follow these steps to change your BlackBerry ID username via the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- Swipe down from the homescreen and select Settings
- Scroll down and tap BlackBerry ID
- Tap Edit
- Tap within the BlackBerry ID Username field and remove the current email address
- Type the new email address and press and hold the space bar to hide the keyboard
- Tap Submit and Continue when prompted
- Enter your current BlackBerry ID password and tap OK to complete the change
- Tap OK to return to BlackBerry ID settings
Alternatively your BlackBerry ID username can be changed via the BlackBerry ID website
- Visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryid from a PC or the BlackBerry® Browser
- Click Log in
- Enter the BlackBerry ID Username (email address) and password, then click Sign In
- Click Account Details
- Next to Details, click Edit
- Remove the current Username (email address) that is displayed and replace it with the Username you want to use, then click Save
- Click Done to exit from the BlackBerry ID account information screen
NOTE: Moving forward please use the new email address when signing into BlackBerry ID.