Nokia E7 … a successor to the E90?!
This is a serious offering by Nokia. This is what Nokia should have followed up with the glorious E71, just 1 year after it debuted forgoing the E72.
Can this device be a true, yet modern successor to the E90? Moreover will this device bring back Ricky Cadden to the Nokia review elite?!
Let’s see what it offers, not just to fans but to business owners in the modern world where it REALLY counts.
Nokia E7 Features :
* Real time Personal & Work Emails
* Maps with FREE GPS Navigation (Car, Pedestrian, Turn by Turn).
* 8 MP camera with 720p @ 30fps video recording
– not all corporate users are confined to just email, sorry RIM.
* Full QWERTY keyboard, is slide out in Landscape mode.
– allows touch navigation and manipulation during quick access requirements, while allowing full 3+ paragraph emails when required, keyboard shortcuts (we’ll have to see on this), yet only 1 shift key is presented, but separate from the function key.
* Mail for Exchange (there better be some serious improvements here), Microsoft Communicator Mobile (corporate IM chat is a bonus), and support for Intranet & extranet portals built on MS Share Point Server – this is a SERIOUS offering!!!
* JoikuSpot pre-installed is a nice plus as well but without advertising or marketing this will not get much push.
* Flash Lite 4 will support a majority of Flash Player 10.1 content (WHY is this necessary, when just about most corporate communications hardly deal with flash sites off of the PC workstation? Hmmm).
* Dedicated graphics processor with OpenGL 2.0 enables 3D graphics!
The MAIN issue is Symbian^3 … a real unknown in the North American business marketplace and that is MAINLY due to Nokia’s horrible marketing skills. Its got the stones to replace the aged king, the E90 but it needs to be known to do so.